Portugal is a country in the western part of the Iberian Peninsula and borders with Spain. Portugal is a very diverse country with paved streets, green hills, and vineyards. If you are traveling to Portugal, you should make a list of which places to visit so as not to miss an attraction.
To help you, we have prepared a list of some interesting things to do in Portugal:
The capital of Portugal is Lisbon, which is the traditional center of city life.In Lisbon, summer lasts from March to August, and in winter the temperature does not exceed 15 degrees. Lisbon is an important tourist center of Portugal with many attractions that tourists visit every year.
- São Jorge Castle was built in the 11th century as a defense of the city. This castle is a major attraction in Lisbon that you should not miss. From this castle, you have a beautiful view of the city and the river.
- Oceanário de Lisboa is one of the best aquariums in the world. In the middle is the largest aquarium, and it is surrounded by four smaller aquariums. The largest aquarium shows you the conditions in the global ocean with over 500 species and 8000 animals.
- Jeronimos Monastery used to be a church where Vasco De Gama prayed, so a monastery was built in his honor. Here you can visit the famous Maritime and Archaeological Museum. Vasco de Gama is buried in this monastery.
The Algarve is the southernmost region in Portugal that you should not miss.Beautiful beaches and picturesque villages make this Portuguese area one of the main tourist regions of Europe. The Algarve is also known for its excellent golf courses. Here you can enjoy beautifully landscaped beaches and clear sea, see real historic villages and learn to play golf.
- Faro is the most famous city in the Algarve area and is characterized by untouched settlements from the 18th century. The climate here is temperate, and there is rarely any precipitation. Summers are long and hot, and winters are mild. Faro is a very famous tourist attraction in Portugal. Faro is a city of entertainment and historical sights. If you are looking for good fun, here you can visit many cafes, restaurants, and nightclubs.
- In Faro, you can visit the most famous Municipal Museum. This museum allows you to see amazing sculptures, statues, and artifacts from the Roman period.
- Rua Santo Antonio and Rua Francisco Gomez are the main shopping streets as there are many shops selling clothes and shoes. There are also many restaurants here where they prepare various specialties.
In Lisbon, you can rent a car for a very low price. You can rent a car in Lisbon for one, three, or seven days – whichever suits you best. You can compare cheap car hire in Lisbon. If you rent a car for seven days, the price may be around $45, which is much cheaper than the per day rate . The price includes theft insurance and damage insurance. You get unlimited Mileage and assistance within 24 hours in case of failure. It is the cheapest car rental in Lisbon, and it is about mini cars like Peugeot 108, Fiat 500, Ford Ka, or Fiat Panda.