You will actually have to make a choice between a plastic and a tempered glass screen protector when you want to choose the right screen protector for your phone. Typically, the most common damage caused to a smartphone when it falls is a cracked or broken touchscreen among all other potential damages, internal as well as external.
If you face with such a situation unfortunately and have to replace the screen of your smartphone out of pocket, expect a bill of hundred dollars and even much more than that. Fortunately, you can save this amount by being smart and investing in a proper screen protector for your smartphone.
This will be a comparatively a cheap and easy way to protect your screen and reduce the probability of screen damage due to an accidental fall of your smartphone.
Tempered glass screen protectors
If you are looking for a screen protector in the market you will find both plastic and tempered glass screen protectors. You may wonder which may be the right type of protector for your phone that will serve your purpose. For this, you will have to know the difference between the tempered glass and plastic screen protectors, carefully weigh the pros and cons of each type of screen protector and make a well-informed decision.
The iphone 7 plus tempered glass screen protectors are gradually becoming increasingly popular in the past few years due to several reasons.
- Available individually, these screen protectors will not shatter easily even if it breaks in a rarity. Therefore, there will be no hazard of dangerous shards.
- One of the greatest advantages of using a tempered glass screen protector is that you will have a much thicker and stronger material in comparison to a typical plastic screen protector.
- Your screen protector will become extremely resistant to any visible damages or a scratch which is especially important if your store your smartphone in a purse or bag that has keys, coins or other metal or non-metal objects that may scratch the screen otherwise.
- The tempered glass screen protector will also provide a different look and feel that will blend perfectly with the standard of your smartphone screen.
- Most importantly, tempered glass screen protectors are virtually invisible as compared with the plastic variants.
However, if you look at the potential drawbacks of the tempered glass screen protectors, on the other hand, these are often ominously more expensive than the more traditional plastic screen protectors.
Add to that, due to the extra thickness provided by the tempered glass screen protector you may find that a few phone cases not fitting properly. The home button of the phone may seem more indented and therefore you will need to get used to it to use your phone properly.
However, if you want a more traditional screen protector without having to break your bank then a plastic screen protector should be the ideal choice for you. You can cut or trim it to fit it and buy these in bulk to replace them quickly.