Some people do not realize that your bathroom can be a haven. It’s a place where you can relax and wash away the stress of the day. Here are some of the things that you should consider buying for your washroom.
- Quality Fixtures – The most important you need to make sure that your bathroom has are quality fixtures. If you decide to save money by buying subpar toilets, sinks, etc, you may regret it in the long run. You might think that you are being economical, but if it starts cracking and leaking, it might lead to a bad situation and you will find yourself spending more money than you intended.
- A Few Knick-Knacks Here and There – Another thing you should put in bathrooms are some small, personal items to make it unique. It can be some vintage find you saw at a garage sale or a unique souvenir from one of your travels abroad. Your knick-knacks are not just for display in the living room — you can also place them in your bathroom.
- Magazine Rack – Let’s face it, many people bring some type of reading material when they go to the bathroom when nature calls. Some bring their phones, but you don’t want an accident where your phone falls into the toilet. Instead, just put a magazine rack inside the bathroom and place a few magazines or even books there. This way, the reading materials will have proper storage and it will not look haphazard.
- Good Lighting – You need to have two types of lighting in your bathroom. Aside from the natural light, you want bright lighting, especially if you use the bathroom to put on your makeup. But at night, you want to relax, especially when you opt to soak yourself in the tub. Harsh and bright lighting will not do in these moments. Instead, make sure your lights have a dimmer switch so that you can set a relaxing and peaceful ambiance.
- Enough Storage – The bathrooms you see in magazines look perfect, but in reality, bathrooms are messy and full of things. If you want to make it look neater, make sure that there is enough storage there. You can put in shelves for your linen and build cabinets underneath the sink for your cleaning equipment, etc.
- Non-slip Bath Mat – The bathroom can be dangerous. There are already many reported incidents of people slipping and injuring themselves when they get out of the shower or bath. Avoid having this happen to you by installing non-slip bath mats in your bathroom. Some put it on the shower area while others make sure that it is all over the bathroom so that people are safe inside.
7. A Bathtub – For the ultimate relaxing experience in the bathroom, nothing can be beat soaking in the tub. If you don’t have one yet and you have the budget, consider investing in one. It would really make your bathroom a personal haven and it’s the perfect way to unwind after a long day.